2. The privacy of your personal information is important to us at Wavez Pty Ltd (Wavez, we or us). We respect your rights to privacy and rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and are committed to complying with the Privacy Act’s requirements for the collection and handling of your personal information.
4. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
5. This policy explains how we collect and handle your personal information and describes the kinds of personal information we collect, use and disclose and our purposes for doing so.
How we collect personal information
7. We collect your personal information reasonably required for our business operations. This information is collected:
(a) When you contact us;
(b) When you place an order, either through our website(s) or via telephone or written order; and
(c) When you are using our website(s).
8. The information we collect when you place an order with us may include your name, postal or delivery address, billing address, date of birth, phone number, payment information such as credit card or banking details and your email address.
9. We also collect information from your computer automatically when you browse our website(s). This information includes the date and time of your visit, the server your computer is accessing our website(s) through, your browser, the last site you have visited, the pages of our website(s) you access and your IP address. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer and which is required when you are using the internet. It may disclose the area in which you are located.
10. We may be able to identify you from information collected automatically from your visit(s) to our website(s).
11. We may use a statistical analytics software tool such as Google Analytics and software known as cookies which transmit data to Google servers located in the United States of America. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How we store data and transmit personal information including overseas
12. We collect and store information electronically using our own and third party servers including our website hosts, data backups and payment gateway(\(\(\(\(\(\(s), which may be located overseas.
13. Many of our products are made overseas and in certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your personal information to one of our suppliers, for example if we are arranging to ship an item directly to you from overseas.
Why we collect your personal information
14. The purposes for which we collect and hold your personal information include:
(a) To process and deliver your order;
(b) To provide you with aftermarket services, such as repairs, addressing warranty claims, refund requests and similar matters;
(c) To manage orders and visits made to our website(s) operated in conjunction with our business, including analysing data collected from our website(s) concerning site visits and purchases. This helps us run our website(s) more efficiently and give you a better experience online. We use information from Google Analytics to help further improve your experience in using our website(s);
(d) To create backups of our business records; and
(e) For direct marketing purposes, including to advise you about new, existing and upcoming products that we feel you may be interested in. We will ensure that any e-mail marketing you are sent contains an ‘unsubscribe’ option so that you can remove yourself from any further marketing. Alternatively you can call or write to us to request that you be removed from our marketing list. Our mailing list may be operated by software and servers located overseas and as such your personal information may be sent overseas as part of our marketing.
How we disclose personal information
15. We will not use your personal information for a purpose other than those set out above without your further consent. We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
16. We will disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under law or if the disclosure is made in connection with an insurance or warranty claim or for the resolution of any dispute that arises between you and us. This disclosure may involve your personal information being disclosed overseas.
17. If you wish to access or correct the personal information we hold about you, or make a complaint, please contact us in writing: Privacy Officer, Wavez, Suite 261, 79 Longueville Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066 and by email to email@example.com.
18. Please note that in order to disclose information to you we may require you to provide us with sufficient comfort as to your identity. We may also (depending on the request) charge you a fee to provide this service, which we will inform you of at the time. All requests for personal information will be handled in a reasonable period of time.
19. This policy may be updated from time to time and the most up to date version will be located at www.wavez.com.au.
23 November 2015